Saturday, May 15, 2010

Was it worth 5 hours......

I like to make cakes. BUT I get kiiiinda mean in the kitchen when things don't go the way I planned. Cam actually called me Chef Ramsey yesterday (from Hell's Kitchen).

ANYWAYS... I offered to make my nephew's cake for his 10th birthday. He LOVES Call of Duty right now so I wanted to make a tank cake. My mom offered to pay for the supplies and I guess she didn't realize that it was going to cost $40. Michael's didn't have the colors I needed so I had to buy white fondant and dye it myself. All this fancy stuff.....but the cake was Funfetti!

So I spent 5 hours at my parents house working on the cake. I won't tell you how many times I said ugly words and almost cried....but I got it finished at 12:30 A.M. I had to fix the gun part because it looked like......well..... something very inappropriate. My mom said, "Um... Carrie... these 10 year old boys are going to say that it looks like a &#*#@." So I fixed that issue and the kids ended up only saying it looked like a turd.

The cake is a tank...with a little army guy looking through binoculars. Didn't turn out EXACTLY like I had imagined but ten year old boys thought it was pretty cool. Then they ripped off the fondant and used it as playdough. Looking at the picture...it isn't wrinkly! It is tie-dyed looking in real life and the splotches is camoflauge!
But the Funfetti was yummy!


Maybe if I don't get a teaching job.... I have something to fall back on?? hahah yea right!

No comments:

Post a Comment