Tails from Babysitting the Rich
(I'm babysitting for a horse breeder, hence, the corny title)
I'm working for this great family this summer during the day. They breed horses so, of course, they are RICH. They are very down to Earth but sometimes the little girl says something that shows we come from 2 different worlds. We spend our day exploring their farm on her golf cart (that she drives and I spend the whole time praying that we make it from point A to point B). It is really neat though because their farm has a house on the property (slightly collapsed) and a cemetery that is over 240 years old! We find arrowheads constantly. It is really neat.
Today, she wanted to clean her room for money. So I am sitting back and letting her do it. She, of course, wanted me to do it for her. She came up to me and said, "Carrie...I CAN'T fold this sweatshirt!" so I took it from her and folded it in 5 seconds.
She looked at me in complete awe and said, "Wow!" and then continued to place it on her shelf. She looked at me for a minute and then said, "Do you have a house cleaner?" and I laughed and told her no.
She thought about it for a minute and then said, "Ohhhh I can tell.". HAHA I guess knowing how to fold is the giveaway that I don't have hired help!
ALSO... have any of you bought a hermit crab from the mall??? Abby.....DO NOT! She got one yesterday (for $20!!!!) and today we were looking at the crab.... and ALL HIS LEGS FELL OFF!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment