Well I did it! I got a tattoo and forgot my camera!
Here is a picture 1 week after tattoo. It is still REALLY red and hard to see in this pic. It is a peacock body at the top and then all the squigglys are the feathers
. I am the world's biggest baby when it comes to needles. It's all because one cholesterol check when I was a kid and I passed out. SO ever since.. I pass out when it comes to shots/blood work/ etc. It is a completely irrational fear. I can handle pain but could make myself pass out right this moment thinking about having blood drawn.
So by the time I was sitting UP (how dumb...I knew I had to lie down) and she started on me... it was about 30 seconds before the room was spinning and my hands went numb (first sign I was going down). My friend said the color drained from my face and started waving my hand in the air because I couldn't feel it hehe. So we took a break and had to lie down and drink something sugary. Once we started again... I had to hold my stomach because the pain was so bad - I thought I might throw up.
It took a whole hour for a 3 inch white tattoo! But she did an amazing job! It is a peacock...but have good reason for it. I told her the story about how my grandfather had a peacock farm and how after 3 bouts of cancer and he died... my dad found 1 white peacock (white peacocks are VERY rare) on my Popo's land that we had never seen before and my completely nonreligious father believed it was a sign from Popo saying he was okay. I still have the 2 feathers that fell from that peacock. But what was hilarious was on my paper work- it said Type of Tattoo: and next to it she wrote BIRD. Yes it is a bird and people will think I am crazy when they ask what tattoo I got and I say a peacock but to me ... it makes me think of how my Popo - even though he fought 3 different cancers for over 10 years- he remained hopeful and always had a smile on his face. He was the sweetest and kindest person in the world and I miss him every day. So when I look at the BIRD on my arm... I will remember to smile no matter what and always have faith.
I can't wait to show you guys!!
So by the time I was sitting UP (how dumb...I knew I had to lie down) and she started on me... it was about 30 seconds before the room was spinning and my hands went numb (first sign I was going down). My friend said the color drained from my face and started waving my hand in the air because I couldn't feel it hehe. So we took a break and had to lie down and drink something sugary. Once we started again... I had to hold my stomach because the pain was so bad - I thought I might throw up.
It took a whole hour for a 3 inch white tattoo! But she did an amazing job! It is a peacock...but have good reason for it. I told her the story about how my grandfather had a peacock farm and how after 3 bouts of cancer and he died... my dad found 1 white peacock (white peacocks are VERY rare) on my Popo's land that we had never seen before and my completely nonreligious father believed it was a sign from Popo saying he was okay. I still have the 2 feathers that fell from that peacock. But what was hilarious was on my paper work- it said Type of Tattoo: and next to it she wrote BIRD. Yes it is a bird and people will think I am crazy when they ask what tattoo I got and I say a peacock but to me ... it makes me think of how my Popo - even though he fought 3 different cancers for over 10 years- he remained hopeful and always had a smile on his face. He was the sweetest and kindest person in the world and I miss him every day. So when I look at the BIRD on my arm... I will remember to smile no matter what and always have faith.
I can't wait to show you guys!!
No comments:
Post a Comment