I will think twice before I do my parents a favor again. Mom called and asked if I'd take their dogs to get their nails clipped. Rocky...a pug... is 15 years old. He is completely deaf and going blind. The poor thing falls into the water bowl when he is standing there drinking. You will hear a thud ...thud...thudthudthudthudthud and you'll know Rocky was attempting to go down the stairs...quite unsuccessfully.
Phoebe is my chihuahua that I got for my 18th birthday. I got her from a woman in Nicholasville that lived in a trailer with about 75 chihuahuas. 72 females...3 males. SO a LITTLE inbreeding going on. She shows it too...I've never seen a dog compulsively lick so much. She looks like her mother mated with a black and white cow and she is "morbidly obese" as deemed by the vet.

She doesn't look it in the picture... but I am telling you..she is a heifer. So I finally get the dogs in the car. Rocky hasn't been in the car for 2 or more years. He can't stand up without falling down..let alone ride in a moving car. The first time I tap the breaks..he slides and falls off the seat. Phoebe is on my lap randomly licking the steering wheel and the gear shift. I knew this was going to be a FUN trip within 2 minutes. When I finally got the groomers, the guy wanted to cut Pheebs' nails first. He reached for her...and all I saw was poo flying! He literally scared the poo outta her! I was trying to hold on to Rocky, who was running into the walls and desk, and trying not to die laughing. I watched him put her on the table and attempt to cut her nails. Nails and turds were flying. Then it was Rocky's turn...the poor dog NEVER liked his back legs to be touched even when he was a puppy. So Rocky, when he gets upset starts hacking and gagging, is just hacking away and trying to bite the guy. The guy cuts him and he starts bleeding and (you all know how I am...) I am trying not to pass out on the floor. THEN I finally got the dogs outside. I put both of them back in the car with MUCH effort and walk around to the driver's side. I open the door and PLOP! Out falls Phoebe. Rocky tumbles out right after her. I shoved them back into the car as fast as I could. Only I could have a 5 minute trip to the groomers like this.

Yea...welcome to the blog world!!
ReplyDelete